Coconut Fish Curry
Got a white fish? Why not make it into this superb accompaniment to a pint of Fullers.
* 4-6 pints Fuller’s “London Pride”
* 11/2 tbsp vegetable Oil
* 2 tsp cumin seeds
* 1 large onion (grated)
* 2 green chillies
* 2 large cloves of garlic (grated)
* 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
* 2 tsp ground turmeric
* 2 tsp ground coriander
* 2 tsp garam masala
* 14 oz coconut milk
* 10 1/2 oz can of chopped tomatoes
* 1lb 4 oz skinless white fish (cut into one inch pieces)
* Juice of half a lemon
* Salt and a handful of roughly chopped Coriander
1. Drink one glass of Fuller’s London Pride
2. Heat the oil in a wok, stir in the cumin seeds and fry until they begin to darken and sizzle. Add the onions
and stir fry for about 4 minutes until they begin to brown. Add the chillies, garlic, ginger, turmeric, ground
coriander and garam masala, stir fry for 30 seconds.
3. Pour in the coconut milk and tomatoes and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer over a low heat
for 5 minutes.
4. Add the fish and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and taking care not to break up the fish,
until the sauce has thickened and the fish is cooked.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste with salt, spoon into bowls, sprinkle with the coriander and serve.
6. Wash down with the remaining London Pride