Weymouth Crab Soufflé for Six
Here’s a good method for using a crab and some other stuff to make a nice meal for six.
* 1 oz butter with, more to grease ramekins
* 2 x tsp grated parmesan cheese
* 1 oz flour
* 9 1/2 fl oz milk
* 9 1/2 tsp tomato puree
* 1/2 tsp English mustard powder
* a dash of Tabasco
* 3 1/2 oz gruyere cheese (grated)
* 1 dressed crab (brown and white meat)
* 3 egg yolks
* 4 egg whites
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4
2. Butter up the ramekin dishes and sprinkle with grated parmesan
3. Melt the butter in a pan and mix in the flour
4. When thickened, add in the tomato puree, mustard and Tabasco.
6. Add cheese, then add the crab
7. When slightly cooled add the beaten egg yolks
8. Whip up the egg whites till peaky
9. Fold the whites gently into the mix with a metal spoon
10. Pour into remekins
11. Fill a roasting tin with 1″ of water and put the ramekins into this.
12. Place in oven and wait until it’s fully raised to loveliness
Serve with salad and warm French bread, and wash down with two or three pints of E.S.B.