Portland Style Ginger Marinated Tuna
Need an excuse to pour a few beers. Well, follow this recipe and you’ll get through more than a couple…
* 1 small barrel of Fullers London Pride
* 4 tuna steaks (3/4″ thick) from Portland
* 1 french stick
* 1 onion, minced
* 4 scallions, minced
* 2 garlic cloves
* 3 tablespoons of grated ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
* dash of salt
* 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
* Dash of salt
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1 hot pepper, seeded and minced
* 1 tablesppon of fresh lime juice
1. Have a slurp of London Pride, then:
2. Place tuna steaks in a shallow dish.
3. Blend all the marinade ingredients together and pour over fish. Cover and soak for 2 hours in a fridge.
4. Cucumber salad: Salt cucumber and set aside for 10 minutes then pat dry. Mix garlic, cucumber, lime and pepper in a bowl.
5. Pre-heat the grill and grill for 5-7 minutes each side. Serve with cucumber salad and french bread.
6. Finish the London Pride.