Papaya and Avocado Salad
The other day I decided to buy some random things from Sainsbury’s, and by pure luck I ended up with a few cans of London Pride, a large papaya and some green things that turned out to be called “avocados”.
So I made this…
* A few pints of Fullers London Pride or ESB
* 1 large papaya
* 2 avocados (peeled and sliced lengthways)
* 2 tablespoons of lime juice
* 1 teaspoon of sugar
* 1/4 a cup of virgin olive oil
* 1 fresh red chilli (seeded and finely chopped)
* Have a slurp of the London Pride or ESB
* Peel the papaya and avocado and cut lengthways thinly.
* Remove papaya seeds and put to one side.
* Make the dressing: Whisk in a bowl the lime juice, sugar, olive oil, some mustard and seasoning. Pour over the salad and garnish with papaya seeds if desired.
* Finish off the London Pride or ESB.