Photo Competition & Best Finds for 2010
Now that the diving season is nearly over, it’s time to turn our attention to the annual Trophies, starting with the Photographic Competition and Underwater Finds.
The competition categories are listed below, and judging for these will take place by all members present at the club house on Thursday 4th November (see additional rules below for the photographic competition entries and cut off date).
There are two categories of Find trophies:
- Jeff Betts Trophy for the best find;
- Chairman’s Artefact Trophy for the best presented find.
So shine up your brass, clean up your crockery and bring along your unusual artefacts on the night for judging. Items MUST have been declared to the Receiver of Wreck and we require written evidence this has been done for your entry to be allowed in the competition.
It’s also time to look through your snaps and enter your best photos for this years’ photographic competition.
There are four categories:
- Best UK photograph (taken in the UK on a club dive trip)
- Best wreck photograph (includes any underwater wreckage)
- Best underwater wildlife photograph (anything squidgy)
- Best social photograph (must include club member(s) taken on any club dive trip or social event)
Plus – there will be a ‘Best Photo’ award taken from all entries that will be judged by the branch committee.
Last date for entry: 28th October.
- Members can submit up to three photographs per category.
- All photos have to be taken since last competition i.e. from November 2009 to date.
- The winner for each of the four categories above will be voted for by members at a slide show evening (as in past years), to be held on Thursday 4th November.
- High resolution digital images to be supplied to Gren Hamlyn by email, CD, memory stick etc. – please detail what category the photos are being entered for.
- You agree to allow your photos to be displayed on the K&E website.
- All winners will receive a prestigious cup